Development Coordinator - ISNA's West Zone Office
Job Title: Development Coordinator
Location: 849 Independence Ave, Suite C, Mountain View, California 94043
Area to manage: West Coast (CA, WA, OR, NV & AZ)
The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) is seeking a Development Coordinator to manage its West Coast Office in Mountain View, California, as it endeavors to connect to and better serve communities and individuals in the West Coast, and to solicit support for ISNA and its projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent ISNA in activities both initiated by ISNA and co-sponsored with other organizations.
- Support ISNA’s Executive Council West Zone Officer in his or her networking/outreach efforts.
- Support other ISNA departments with onsite exploration, preparation and active marketing of any regional and zonal conference, education forum, and similar activities.
- Coordinate with IDF to plan, organize and facilitate fundraising activities (events, dinners, concerts, etc.).
- Coordinate with IDF to cultivate and solicit donations from individuals, groups and organizations.
- Develop positive relations with donors, volunteers, organizations and the general public in the region.
- Engage with volunteers to organize and coordinate fundraising activities, as appropriate.
- Schedule and deliver presentations to audiences of diverse backgrounds.
- Prepare and submit plans, projections and reports to the Secretary General.
- Continue to improve job-related skills through training, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the West Coast office.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in working with grass-roots organizations and volunteers
- Proven ability to interact effectively and communicate well
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Energetic with the ability to multitask
- Experience in fundraising preferred
- Must be available to spend 50% of the time traveling within the West Zone
- Exceptional public speaking skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, strong willingness to initiate deadlines and time frames for assignments, and to follow up on all delegated activities
- Strong record keeping skills
- Basic writing skills
- Desire to work for the mission and goals of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have own means of transportation
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Successful applicants will receive competitive salary. Pay is commensurate with education, skills and experience.
ISNA is a religious, not-for-profit organization, which offers a variety of services to meet the religious, educational, and cultural needs of Muslim communities across North America.
Interested persons should email a comprehensive resume stating education, work history, and references, along with a cover letter and copies of relevant academic certificates to:
Operations Officer of ISNA
Phone: 317-839-8157 ext 824