7TH ANNUAL WEST COAST ISNA EDUCATION FORUM
January 12-13, 2018
Orange County, CA
Moving From Good to Great: Fostering Growth
CALL FOR PROPOSALS EXTENDED DEADLINE
You are invited to submit a proposal for the 7th Annual ISNA West Coast Education Forum. This gathering promotes excellence in education for Islamic schools and provides an exceptional experience in professional development, networking, and thoughtful leadership. Board members, administrators, and teachers are invited to develop their skills, share their knowledge and form collaborative relationships!
The Program Committee is seeking proposals that incorporate as many of the following elements as appropriate:
- Feature a presenter with expertise addressing the proposed topic
- Are based on or supported by current research
- Touch upon the conference theme
- Cultivate leadership skills
- Is interactive and engaging
- Incorporate case examples
- Provides solutions with hands-on application
- Benefit a wide range of audiences for schools that are operating at various stages of growth/development.
Sessions are 75 minutes in length and are open to all conference participants, with audience sizes ranging from 25-40. A good session covers one topic in depth, rather than giving an overview of many topics.
GENERAL SUGGESTED TOPICS
- Best Practices for Board Development
- Data-Driven Growth
- Development/ Fundraising
- Nurturing and Sustaining your Staff
- Successful Communication Among All Stakeholders
Islamic Studies & Character Building
- Authentic Islamic Studies Instruction
- Effective Teaching Strategies for the Islamic Studies Class
- Internalizing Islamic values
- Making Islamic Studies Classroom More Relevant
- Moving from Teaching to Modeling Islam
- Authentic Arabic Classroom
- From Teacher Centered to Student Centered Classrooms
- Incorporating Effective Strategies in Teaching Arabic
- Interactive Arabic Classroom
- Qur’anic Understanding: Reaching the Highest Level of Comprehending an Arabic Text
Curriculum & Instruction
- Assessing and Addressing Special Needs Students
- Best Practices in Differentiated Instruction
- College and Career Readiness
- Conducting Inter-faith and Intra-faith Activities & Dialogue
- Data Driven Academic Growth
- Implementing Cross-Curricular Collaboration
- Inquiry Based Instruction/Critical Thinking
- STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math)
- Student-centered classrooms
- Teaching Civil Discourse
- Technology Resources and Integration
Monday, August 28, 2017
Deadline to Submit Abstracts and Proposals Online
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Deadline to Submit Completed Paper and Bibliography
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
Proposals must be submitted electronically using the Electronic Proposal Submission Form . Please do not e-mail or snail-mail your proposal to ISNA Education Forum. If you have difficulty with the Proposal Submission Form, please contact ISNA at email@example.com. The electronic submission form contains detailed instructions. The form must be completed in its entirety to be considered.
Upon its submission, your proposal will be reviewed for completeness, and the contact person will receive a confirmation e-mail. Incomplete proposals may be disqualified. If the proposal is accepted, the presenter will be required to submit a complete presentation for publication in the program booklet.
If the proposal is accepted, the presenter will be required to submit:
- Complete word document paper
- Annotated bibliography
Audio Visual Requests:
- Overhead projector screens will be provided in every room.
- Presenters are requested to bring a laptop for their presentation.
- Handouts are the responsibility of presenters.
Accommodations for Presenters: Presenters (main speaker only) will be provided with shared hotel accommodation, meals, and complimentary conference registration.
Please Note: Speakers MUST be present for the duration of the conference.
For Further Information Please Call or E-Mail:
- Department of Program Development and Educational Services (317) 839.8157 Ext. 231 or 814 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration and Housing: (317) 839-8157 ext. 129 or email@example.com
- Bazaar and Sponsorship: (317) 839.8157 ext. 244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program & Speakers: (317) 839.8157 ext. 814 or email@example.com