National Qira’at Competition
ISNA is organizing the National Qira’at Competition during its 54th Annual Convention from June 30th – July 3rd, 2017 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois. The top three ranking participants in each category will receive gifts, cash awards and certificates of recognition.
Click here to view flyer
Pre-registered participants will be tested in the appropriate category and level.
Category I (Ages 6-16): Memorization
Level 1: Age 16 and under
Memorization of the entire Glorious Qur’an
Level 2: Age 14 and under
Memorization of 20 consecutive parts (juz’) from beginning or end of Qur’an
Level 3: Age 12 and under
Memorization of 10 consecutive parts (juz’) from beginning or end of Qur’an
Category II (Ages 12 and under): Reading
Level 1: Age 12 and under
Reading of the entire Qur’an with proper Tajweed (Advanced)
Level 2: Age 9 and under
Reading from Al-Qaeda An-Nooraniyah. (Beginner)
Qualified Scholars of Tajweed Al-Qur’an from Glorious Quran Memorization Association (GQMA) will judge the recitations.
Rules of Eligibility
- Professional reciters and Tajweed teachers are ineligible
- Contestants are not allowed to re-compete in a category in which he/she has already won in a previous competition. They may participate in a higher category only.
- Contestants cannot change his/her category after submitting the application.
- Contestants will not be allowed to change the day/location of testing.
- Hifz students are not allowed to compete in the reading categories
- No on-site registration will be allowed
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 12, 2017
Phone: (317) 839-8157 ext. 278
Fax: (317) 839-1840
*Please submit a separate form for each participant.