Programming Coordinator – ISNA Youth Programming and Services Department
The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) Youth Programming and Services Department (YPSD) is a team of driven individuals focusing on youth development and support. Within the first year of their formal establishment, the 4 MYNA Regional Executive Committees added 10 camps, 4 regional conferences and over 40 official MYNA officers to its structure. Each region’s development also led to several community service projects. With proper mentorship and support, we will be able to expand the regional structure many folds beyond the current pace.
ISNA’s YPSD is looking for a dedicated and qualified individual who can coordinate with amazing youth to plan, organize, and grow our regional camps, conferences and activities, and bring YPSD’s newly developed services to communities.
- Manage the planning process and execution of YPSD local, regional, and national events, including but not limited to camps, conferences, conventions, and retreats
- Work with the youth from MYNA’s National Executive Committee (EC) and Regional EC to ensure that all are meeting expectations
- Train, work with, and support all event planning committees
- Work to recruit, mentor, and support adult volunteers
- Research and secure all venues for camps and events
- Visit communities to promote YPSD events and programming
- Market events
- Create and run fundraising initiatives
- Coordinate speakers for events
- Manage event needs, including but not limited to travel, speaker care, camp supplies, food, and inventory
- Create and manage budgets for different projects
- Be present on event committee conference calls (these may be outside of normal business hours)
- Be an exciting and energetic role model for youth and adults at events
- This position reports to the Director of YPSD
- Other tasks may be occasionally assigned by the director, as needed.
- Knowledgeable about event planning; previous experience with non-profit organizations is preferable
- College/University degree
- Experience working with youth
- Excellent organizational, communication, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (Office, cloud drives, database software)
- Ability to work with diverse age groups
- Familiarity with the Muslim community, ISNA and MYNA is preferred
- Self-motivated, can work independently, but report frequently with YPSD Director
- Must be able to travel to multiple camps and events per year
- Ability to work an alternative and flexible schedule
- Must have a valid passport and drivers license
- Must be able to travel between Canada and the US
- Must be able to rent and drive rented vehicles
This position is full-time with competitive salary and benefits. Pay is commensurate with education, skills, and experience with clear success metrics for growth.
ISNA is a religious, not-for-profit organization, which offers a variety of services to meet the religious, educational, and cultural needs of Muslim communities across North America.
Interested persons should email a comprehensive resume stating education, work history, and references, along with a cover letter and copies of relevant academic certificates to:
Habibe Ali, Chief Operations Officer
Islamic Society of North America
PO Box 38, Plainfield, IN 46168
Phone: 317-839-8157 ext 824