Meet the Author Program
55th ANNUAL ISNA CONVENTION
George R. Brown Convention Center Houston, TX
August 31-September 3, 2018
To raise the level of intellectual dialogue and cultural awareness in our community the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) invites all published authors to submit for special panel sessions entitled Meet the Author at the ISNA Annual Convention. Meet the Author sessions provide convention attendees with opportunities to interact with the literary movers-and-shakers of our time.
Sessions consist of panel discussions in which authors are given an opportunity to speak about their book and follow-up with audience Q&A. Panelists for these sessions include authors, writers, artists, and others who have made significant contributions in various fields of interest. These sessions also provide opportunities for book signing and sales by the authors.
Please keep the following points in mind as you submit your book for consideration:
1. Only English language books from US or Canada residents will be accepted.
2. Books must have been published in 2017- 2018
3. Books must deal with a subject regarding Islam and Muslims.
4. Books must be over 100 pages long, with the exception of children’s books.
5. Books must be perfect-bound, not spiral bound.
6. Books must be published in the USA even if they are printed elsewhere.
7. Three copies of each book must be submitted for consideration and will NOT be returned.
8. The decision of the committee will be final.
ISNA expects that this will be an enlightening and lasting experience for all participants. You are invited to submit your publication for consideration.
Please mail three copies of the book to:
ISNA Meet the Author
6555 S. County Rd. 750 E.
Plainfield, IN 46168
Call for submissions is now closed
Space is limited, if interested please fill out the form below and submit your publication to:
Email: email@example.com or Phone: 317-839-8157 Ext 278
All publications submitted by the authors will be reviewed by a selection committee. Once final decisions are made, the authors will be contacted. Each accepted author will be given an opportunity at the conclusion of their session to sell their book. ISNA will provide the authors with a table located in the room where the presentation is being held.
Guidelines for Meet the Author Presenters
A. Convention Registration
- Each confirmed author will receive one complimentary convention registration. The 55th Annual ISNA Convention will be held on August 31-September 3, 2018, at the George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston TX.
B. Hotel and Transportation
- ISNA is not responsible for travel and hotel accommodations. Each participating author is required to make his or her own travel and hotel arrangements and will be responsible for the payment of such. Information regarding hotel accommodations can be found at www.isna.net on the convention registration page.
C. Book Sales
- Each author will have the opportunity to sell his or her book at the conclusion of the session. ISNA will provide a table, located in the room where the presentation is held for the allocated time.
- PLEASE NOTE: Each author is responsible for bringing his or her own books and for keeping track of them. ISNA does not take responsibility for lost or stolen books.
Additional questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 839-8157 x 278