Meet the Author
To raise the level of intellectual dialogue and cultural awareness in our community the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) invites all published authors to attend special panel sessions entitled Meet the Author at the ISNA Annual Convention. Meet the Author sessions provide Convention attendees with opportunities to interact with the literary movers-and-shakers of our time.
Sessions consist of panel discussions in which authors are given an opportunity to speak about their book and follow-up with audience Q&A. Panelists for these sessions include authors, writers, artists, and others who have made significant contributions in various fields of interest. These sessions also provide opportunities for book signing and sales by the authors.
Please keep the following points in mind as you submit your book for consideration:
- Only English language books by American authors are accepted.
- Books must have been published in 2016 or 2017.
- Books must deal with a subject related to Islam and Muslims.
- Books must be over 100 pages long except for children’s books.
- Books must be perfect-bound, not spiral bound.
- Books must be published in the USA even if they are printed elsewhere.
- Three copies of each book, submitted for consideration, will NOT be returned.
- The decision of the committee will be final.
ISNA is sure that this will be an enlightening and lasting experience for all participants. You are invited to submit your publication for consideration.
The application period has ended.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 317-839-8157
All authors and publications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Once final decisions are made, authors will be contacted. Each accepted author, will be given an opportunity at the conclusion of their session, to sell their book. ISNA will provide you with a table located in the room where the presentation is being held.
MEET THE AUTHOR GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTERS
- Each participating author will need to register for the convention on-line at isna.net. The 54th Annual ISNA Convention will be held on June 30 – July 3, 2017, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont IL.
Hotel and Transportation
- ISNA is not responsible for travel and hotel accommodations. Each participating author is required to make his or her own travel and hotel arrangements and will be responsible for the payment of such. Information regarding hotel accommodations can be found at isna.net on the convention registration page.
- Each author will have the opportunity to sell his or her book at the conclusion of the session. ISNA will provide a table, located in the room where the presentation is held for the allocated time.
- PLEASE NOTE: Each author is responsible for bringing his or her own books and for keeping track of them. ISNA does not take responsibility for lost or stolen books.
Additional questions can be addressed to email@example.com or (317) 839-8157