Meet the Author Program
53rd Annual ISNA Convention
September 2 – 5, 2016
To raise the level of intellectual dialogue and cultural awareness in our community the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) invites
all published authors to attend special panel sessions entitled Meet the Author at the ISNA Annual Convention. Meet the Author sessions provide convention attendees with opportunities to interact with the literary movers-and-shakers of our time-you!
Sessions consist of panel discussions in which authors speak about their book and participants have a discussion with them.
Panelists for these sessions include authors, writers, artists, & others who have made significant contributions in various fields of
interest. These sessions also provide opportunities for book signing and sales by the authors.
Please keep the following points in mind as you submit your book for consideration:
- Only English language books by American authors are accepted.
- Books must have been published in 2015 or 2016.
- Books must deal with a subject related to Islam and Muslims.
- Books must be over 100 pages long except for children’s books.
- Books must be perfect-bound, not spiral bound.
- Books must be published in the USA even if they are printed elsewhere.
- Three copies of each book, submitted for consideration, will NOT be returned whether the book is accepted or not.
- The decision of the committee will be final.
ISNA is sure that this will be an enlightening and lasting experience for all participants. If you have a publication that you would like to submit for consideration, please let us know.
Please mail information form with three copies of the book to:
ISNA Meet the Author
6555 S. County Rd. 750 E.
Plainfield, IN 46168
Deadline for submissions is Friday, June 24, 2016
All authors and publications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Once final decisions are made, authors will be contacted and offered complimentary registration and an opportunity to sell their books at the ISNA Convention. Each author may sell his or her book at the conclusion of the session at a table located in the room where the presentation is held.
ISNA reserves the right to decline submissions for any reason.
Guidelines for Meet the Author Presenters
A. Convention Registration
- Each participating author in the 2015 Meet the Author program will receive one complimentary registration to the 52nd ISNA Convention.
- Please register on-line at www.isna.net. After the convention, ISNA will refund the cost of your registration. Please send a copy of your registration receipt to email@example.com or (fax) 317-839-1840, Attn: Authors Program 2015.
- To obtain your official speakers name badge, please go to the Speakers Booth in the registration area upon arrival at the convention center.
B. Hotel and Transportation
- ISNA is not responsible for travel and hotel accommodations. Each participating author is required to make his or her own travel and hotel arrangements and will be responsible for the payment of such. Information regarding hotel accommodations can be found at www.isna.net on the convention registration page.
C. Book Sales
- Each author will have the opportunity to sell his or her book at the conclusion of the session at a table that will be located in the room where the presentation is held for the allocated time.
- PLEASE NOTE: Each author is responsible for bringing his or her own books and for keeping track of them. ISNA does not take responsibility for lost or stolen books.
- To better facilitate this process, each author is recommended to bring another individual who can help transport books and be present at the selling table during the time allotted.
Additional questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 839-8157 x 278