Call for Proposals :16th Annual ISNA Education Forum
“Educating the Global Citizen: Islamic Values, Standards and Technology”
16th Annual ISNA Education Forum
April 3-5, 2015
Westin O’Hare Hotel
6100 N. River Road Rosemont, IL 60018
You are invited to submit a proposal for the 16th Annual ISNA Education Forum in Rosemont, Illinois. Be a part of a conference that promotes excellence in Islamic education and provides an exceptional experience in professional development, networking, and thoughtful leadership.
THE PROGRAM COMMITTEE IS SEEKING PROPOSALS THAT:
- Cultivate professional leadership skills
- Are interactive and engaging
- Incorporate real-life case examples
- Feature a presenter with expertise in the topic area who brings new insights
- Are based on or supported by research
Sessions are 60 minutes in length and are open to all conference participants, with audience sizes ranging from 15-40. A good session covers one topic in depth, rather than giving an overview of many topics.
- Submit Abstracts/Proposals Online:, October 31, 2014
- Feedback From the Committee: November 17, 2014
- Deadline to Submit Completed Paper: January 1, 2015
SUGGESTED TOPICS BASED ON PAST PARTICIPANT SURVEYS
- Using Data to Drive Instruction
- Thinking Strategies for Engaged Student Learning
- Becoming a Teachers’ Leader
- Best Practices in Differentiated Instruction
- Incorporating Islam in the School Environment
- Improving/Developing Group Dynamics for Better Teamwork
- ESL Strategies for Diverse Schools
- Conflict Resolution in School and Community
- Planning Curriculum for Global Minded Students
- Integrating Technology into Teaching
- Tarbiyah: Creating a School Climate with Islamic Values
- Grooming Teachers as Leaders
- Systemizing School Functions for Sustainability
- Staff and Educator Professional Development
- Roles and Responsibilities of School Boards
- Strategic Planning for Schools in a Global Society
CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO PAPERS THAT:
- Address the topics listed above
- Are supported by research
- Provide solutions with hands-on application
- Benefit a wide range of audience for schools that are operating at various stages of growth/development.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
Proposals must be submitted electronically using the Electronic Proposal Submission Form below. Please do not e-mail or snail-mail your proposal to ISNA Education Forum. If you have difficulty with the Proposal Submission Form, please contact ISNA at email@example.com. The electronic submission form contains detailed instructions. The form must be completed in its entirety to be considered.
TITLE OF PROPOSED SESSION:
The Title of the proposal should not exceed ten (10) words and should capture the essence of the presentation.
The Abstract may not exceed 50 words. The abstract is a brief summary of the full proposal (below). If the paper is selected for presentation at the forum, this abstract will appear in the conference program.
This is the full description of the presentation. It should be much more detailed than the abstract. The Proposal may not exceed 500 words. Proposals that are too short and lack details may be denied. Description of the paper in outline format is an acceptable form for the proposal submission.
Who will benefit from this presentation?
Indicate a contact person regarding this proposal with whom ISNA can communicate. If there is more than one speaker, the contact person will serve as the liaison between ISNA and the rest of the speakers.
BRIEF SPEAKER BIO
Complete a brief bio for at least one of your proposed speakers. At a later date, you may be asked to submit bios for all speakers. If you are selected to speak at the conference, the speaker’s bio will appear in the conference program and should not exceed 250 words.
NOTE: All fields in the electronic form must be completed. Required fields are indicated by an asterisks (*). The form will not be considered by the ISNA education Forum unless these fields contain complete and valid information.
Upon its submission, your proposal will be reviewed for completeness, and the contact person will receive a confirmation e-mail. Incomplete proposals may be disqualified. If the proposal is accepted, the presenter will be asked to submit a paper for publication in the program booklet.
AUDIO VISUAL REQUESTS
Overhead projector screens will be provided in every room. Efforts will be made to fulfill other audiovisual requests. Handouts are the responsibility of presenters. An onsite copy center is available.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PRESENTERS
Presenters (Maximum two/session) will be provided with shared hotel accommodation, meals, and complimentary conference registration.
PLEASE NOTE: Speakers MUST be present for the duration of the conference, from Friday morning, until Saturday evening.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CALL OR E-MAIL:
Department of Program Development and Educational Services (317) 839-8157 Ext. 231 or 814 or firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.isna.net/Conferences/pages/West-Coast-Education-Forum.aspx
FOR QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL OR E-MAIL
Registration and Housing: (317) 839-8157 ext. 129 or email@example.com
Bazaar and Sponsorship: (317) 839.8157 ext. 244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program & Speakers: (317) 839.8157 ext. 231 or email@example.com