Administrative Assistant – ISNA Youth Programming and Services Department
The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) Youth Programming and Services Department (YPSD) is seeking a motivated, efficient person to fill the full-time position of Administrative Assistant, starting as soon as possible.
The administrative assistant is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial help for the YPSD Director, as well as maintaining records, managing databases, and assisting in the general correspondence of YPSD. He or she is specifically responsible for undertaking the following tasks:
- Assist the YPSD with general office operations
- Schedule appointments and arrange travel for YPSD director
- Maintain YPSD databases (e.g., contacts, camps, counselors, etc.)
- Write business and correspondence letters and memos
- Keep up-to-date files and records
- Assist in logistical preparations for meetings related to YPSD functions
- Communicate and work with youth, parents, speakers and others involved or participating in YPSD-organized events and programs
- Oversee planning of camps / conferences / events
- Assist in the production of all YPSD manuals (advisor training, camp organizing, event templates, worker manuals, etc.)
- Travel at minimum during spring (several weekends), summer (several weeks), and winter break (several weeks) to camps, conferences and conventions in capacities to be defined
- Aid in marketing development and fundraising campaigns
- This position reports to the Director of YPSD
- Other tasks may be occasionally assigned by the director, as needed.
- Proficiency in administrative work; previous experience with non-profit organizations is preferable
- College degree
- Excellent skills in organizing, communicating and problem-solving
- Excellent computer skills (Office, cloud drives, database software)
- Ability to work with diverse age groups
- Familiarity with the Muslim community, ISNA and MYNA is preferred
- Self-motivated, can work independently, but report frequently with YPSD Director
The position is a full-time job. Applicants may be allowed to work remotely from across North America. Successful applicants will receive competitive salary and benefits. Pay is commensurate with education, skills and experience.
ISNA is a religious, not-for-profit organization, which offers a variety of services to meet the religious, educational, and cultural needs of Muslim communities across North America.
Interested persons should email a comprehensive resume stating education, work history, and references, along with a cover letter and copies of relevant academic certificates to:
Habibe Ali, Chief Operations Officer
Islamic Society of North America
PO Box 38, Plainfield, IN 46168
Phone: 317-839-8157 ext 824